Monday, March 24, 2008

Brando Wireless Keyboard Review

As I said a few weeks ago, I had a Brando wireless keyboard w/ touch pad on order.
Well, a week and a half later, it showed up on my doorstep.
So, without further ado... iwanttech.com presents the product review

Shipping and Customer Service:
I didn't know this at first, but all these items ship from Hong Kong. I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole ordeal, I even emailed Customer support about it. They were very calm and helpful through their emails, explaining that the product shipped from Hong Kong and to expect a longer ship time than usual U.S. orders.
After all was said and done, I was very pleased by their customer service.

Product Review:

Range:
I was pleasantly surprised with the power and range of this small device.
As soon as I plugged it in, went across the room to my couch and found I could still control both mouse and keyboard without any kind of lag or interference. I even stepped back into my kitchen and could still use both mouse and Keyboard.

touch pad:
The touch pad is smaller than I thought it would be. I really think they could have made the pad larger than it is. Be prepared to set your mouse sensitivity up to keep your hand movements to a minimum.

Keyboard:
A standard QWERTY Keyboard with full F1-12 support. It's a standard Laptop size keyboard, so if you're not used to it already (as I am) you might not like it's compact design.
The keys are good quality, it doesn't feel like they will fall off in your hands if you type too hard.

Media keys:
The "media Keys" as I like to call them are superb. I love sitting on the couch and hitting Pause, Play, Mute, etc. You can switch tracks, eject a disc, or even put your computer into standby mode.
The internet and e-mail keys are handy as well.

Power Saver:
The Power saving switches are great, as you don't always need to have the touchpad on. The option to switch both off is handy.

CONS:
-needs a bigger touchpad surface
-needs to run on something other than 4 AAA's. Something rechargeable would be great.
-I keep hitting the small windows button to the right of the keyboard...they could just get rid of it or reposition it.
-click and drag is a drag...hard to keep the mouse from going beserk.
- no scroll feature on the touchpad, or even a seperate scroll wheel.

No comments: